Are you lost when you get to the hair product aisle and it’s decision time? Confused on which product will work on your hair type? Or don’t know which ingredients to look for to solve your hair care struggles? Then end up choosing a product based on nice packaging or persuasive label claims? Well you’ll never have to feel lost again if you follow these 3 simple steps.
1. Do your homework before you spend your hard-earned dollars on yet another product that doesn’t deliver desired results.
Here are some key ingredients to look for based on your hair needs:
- For Moisture + Hydration + Conditioning
- Water, Glycerin, Panthenol, Quaternium, Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride
- For Nutrients + Vitamins
- Hydrolyzed Proteins (keratin, silk, wheat, soy), Vitamin E, Panthenol, Plant + Fruit Extracts, Aloe Vera, Natural Nut + Fruit Oils
- For Shine
- Silicones, Argan Oil, Isododecane, Jojoba Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides
2. Expect to spend money on high performance hair products.
I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “You get what you pay for”. Well that saying holds true when it comes to haircare. You can’t be a penny pincher when it comes to choosing quality, key ingredient hair products. These high performance ingredients, mentioned above, are driving the cost of the finished product. But if in the formula at an effective percentage, will deliver the results you are desiring.
3. Share you experience with friends + online
“Each one, teach one” Like myself, I am a product junkie. I love trying new brands and products to see which products perform best on my hair type. My favorite products are: It’s A 10 Miracle Leave-In, Live Locs 2n1 Shampoo & Conditioner, Biosilk Silk Therapy, Avanti Silcon Mix. What are your favorites?